Total : 35 Mins
- Rice – 1/2 Cup
- Carrot – 1/2
- Broccoli – 40 Grams
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Firm Tofu – 75 Grams
- Garlic cloves chopped – 2 (Alternative garlic powder – 1 Tsp)
- Finely chopped ginger – a small piece
- Spring Onion – 1
- Soy Sauce – 1 Tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli Sauce – 1 Tsp
- If you do not have an oven, skip to number 5.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In the meantime, gently press the tofu with your palms to remove any excess liquid and set it on an absorbent towel.
- Dice the tofu into cubes and arrange on the baking tray and bake until slightly brown and crispy. This takes about 25 minutes depending on your oven. Go to step 6.
- On a pan, add 1 tsp oil and brown the tofu cubes on medium flame. Take them out once they turn golden brown.
- Cook the rice in a boiling pot of water with a pinch of salt. For most rice, use a 2: 1 ratio( 2 cups water and 1 cup rice). Cook for around 20 minutes for white rice and 30-35 minutes if you use brown rice. Meanwhile continue with the rest of the steps.
- Heat a wok or a skillet over medium heat. Add oil, garlic, ginger and stir. Add the sliced carrots, broccoli, chopped spring onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, tofu, soy sauce, a pinch of salt, chilli sauce and combine well.
- Garnish it with the remaining spring onions and serve hot!