Yet another new, bright and sunny day and time to eat the most important meal of the day, BREAKFAST! I have been obsessed with oatmeal porridge lately because it is so quick and easy to prepare. The best part is, you can customize flavors according to what you have in your kitchen. I decided to pair my porridge with lovely crunchy green apples, sweet ripened bananas, walnuts and desiccated coconut. At first, I was not sure how it would taste, but it was surprisingly good. The coconut added a lovely flavor to the oatmeal. I added no sugar or honey what so ever because the apples and bananas were sweet enough for my liking. But you can go ahead and drizzle a little bit of honey or maple syrup(vegan option). This is a perfect example of a vegan breakfast dish and here is how I prepared mine.
Total : 5 MINS
- Oatmeal – 1/2 Cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1 Tbsp
- Almond milk – 1 cup(Alternative : Soy Milk)
- Half an apple sliced
- Half ripe banana sliced
- Walnuts – 4
- A drizzle of honey (Optional)
- In a bowl, add oatmeal, milk and microwave for a minute. Allow the oatmeal to absorb the milk.
- Once the oatmeal becomes soft, arrange the fruits and walnuts.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut on top and serve as it is or for some extra sweetness, drizzle some honey and eat right away!