I love the idea of incorporating chicken in a salad. You not only get your greens but also your daily in take of protein. I usually love having salads during warm summer nights. I tend to eat less and prefer something really light during that time. Autumn has just begun, and it is getting a little chilly. I tend to eat something warm and hearty during such cold nights but tonight, I was really in a mood to dig into some lovely salad. So, here’s my super easy chicken salad that consists of baked chicken, mushrooms and red peppers with sliced apples and lovely fresh salad greens. The only time taken here is to bake the chicken, mushroom and peppers. You can throw it all in an oven and relax until it’s done.
Total : 20 Mins
- A hand full of salad leaves
- Apple sliced – 1/2
- Red Bell Pepper sliced – 1/2
- Button mushrooms quartered – 4
- Chicken Breast – 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Place the chicken breast and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Drizzle some oil on it and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Now, lay the mushrooms and bell peppers on the same tray and season them. Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, slice the chicken breast into slices and lay it on a bed of salad leaves along with the baked mushrooms, peppers and sliced apples.