One pan meals, can be quick and efficient if you know the right way to do it. When I cook any rice based dish, I prefer using the pressure cooker. But, at times when you want less washing up or when cooking just for yourself / one person, then one pan is perfect. Here is yet another simple and delicious rice dish, all cooked in one pan, Paella style!!
Total : 20 Mins
- 4 to 5 broccoli florets
- 1 Medium sized carrot, cut into strips
- 1 large button mushroom, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Jasmine Rice – 1/4 Cup (Choose any rice of your choice)
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Water – 2 Cups
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1/2 Tsp
- In a pan, on a medium flame, add oil, garlic, carrots and saute for a minute.
- Add rice into the pan along with water. Put on the lid and cook on a low to medium flame until the rice is half done.
- Chuck in the broccoli and mushroom. Season with salt and pepper. Stir the rice carefully (You can add a splash of water in case you feel that there is less or no water in the pan) and put the lid back on. Cook until the rice is cooked through completely.
- Serve it immediately. Enjoy !