Spätzle or Spaetzle, is a type of egg noodles found in German, Austrian and Hungarian cuisines. It is made with flour, eggs and water. They are soft and chewy and are great for quick stir fries.
This recipe is a combination of stir fried, cooked spätzle with chicken bratwursts, mushrooms, soy and chilli sauce. The sauteed garlic, basil and brat add a wonderful aroma and flavor to the noodles. It is perfect for nights when you want a quick-fix meal which can be prepared under 30 minutes.
Total : 20 MINS
- Spätzle – 150 grams
- Chicken bratwurst or sausages – 2 (Alternative: Diced chicken breasts)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- Button mushrooms diced – 70 grams
- 5-6 Chopped Basil leaves
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Pepper – a pinch
- Soy Sauce – 1 Tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 Tsp
- In a wok or a skillet, add oil, onions, garlic and saute for a minute on a medium to high flame.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water, cook spätzle as directed on the package. (Note: Do not boil them for too long, as they tend to become soggy)
- Add in the chopped bratwursts and cook them until they turn slightly brown on the outside.
- Add the mushrooms, a pinch of salt, pepper and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now, add in the cooked and drained spätzle into the skillet/wok along with soy and chilli sauce, chopped basil and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
Pair it with any beer of your choice and enjoy!! 🙂