Tarts are so easy to make, especially when you have the pastry ready. I cheated a little bit for this recipe, by not making puff pastry from scratch. I bought it from a local store. Store bought puff pastries are always a savior. When you have guests over without notice, and you want to make something that looks fancy yet simple, puff pastries can come in handy. They cook within 30 minutes and are so easy to work with.
This recipe is a simple version of an apple tart using a store bought puff pastry. You can always make your own at home, but I am yet to take up this challenge. 🙂
This dessert is so amazingly simple yet delicious. The green apples add a slight sourness which perfectly cuts through all those buttery, flaky, crispy layers of the pastry. Enjoy this tart with a cup of chai (my way to eat) or with a cup of coffee, what ever you prefer.
I am so happy to share this post because it was one of the first recipes I filmed. And I am pleased to announce that I will be sharing my first ever food video on this blog. First of many more to come. I am so excited!! 😀 I would love to get your feedback so I can get better at my future food video productions.
Total : 30 Mins Baking : 20 Mins
PORTIONS : Yields 4 square pieces.
- Green Apples, cored and sliced – 2
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 Tsp
- Caster Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Half a puff pastry sheet
- Milk to brush the edges of the pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Meanwhile prep the apples. Remove the core and slice them. Do not peel them. Soak in water to prevent them from browning.
- Cut the whole pastry sheet in half. Arrange the apples slices in a straight line, overlapping them, leaving a little space at the edges.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar and caster sugar on them, evenly.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with milk. Bake under 180°C for 20 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with just plain whipped cream and enjoy.
Guten Appetit !! 🙂