Tofu is such a great vegan substitute for paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese). I personally love tofu, but not a lot of people enjoy eating it, as it is quite bland. This recipe is an effort to make tofu, delicious.
This recipe starts off by first baking the tofu cubes. Once baked, it is stir fried in a sweet and spicy sauce. For some crunch and texture, I added some capsicum. Do not overcook it as it will lose it’s beautiful crunch.
This is such a delicious yet simple way to cook tofu. Serve this warm as an appetizer and I’m sure you will fall in love with tofu.
Total : 30 Mins Baking Time : 20 Mins
- One Packet firm Tofu, cut into cubes
- Half a capsicum/green bell pepper, cubed
- Chopped leek – 2 Tbsp (Alternative : Onions)
- Chopped ginger – 1 Tsp
- Chopped Garlic – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha – 1 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Sweet Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce – 1 Tsp
- Water – 1 Tbsp
- Line the baking tray with baking sheet and place the cut tofu cubes. Bake them at 180°C for 20 Minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Meanwhile in a pan, add oil, chopped ginger, garlic and leeks. Fry them for a minute or two on medium heat.
- Add capsicum and saute for a couple of minutes. Then, add sriracha, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce and a little water. Mix well.
- Add in the baked tofu and stir well. Garnish with basil and serve it hot!