Want to make some healthy vegan cookies for this Christmas? Then this recipe is just perfect for you. These cookies have zero butter in them and are also vegetarian and vegan friendly.
They are made with instant or quick oats, pears and spices. The spices add lovely flavor. To sweeten the cookies, I used agave syrup. You can use any vegan sweeteners. Once baked, spread a spoonful of luscious melted chocolate over them. I must say I was quite happy with the way they turned out.
These cookies are not overly sweet. Texture wise, they are slightly crunchy outside but soft inside. You can make a large batch and refrigerate them in an air tight container. Warm them slightly just before serving and coat the tops with melted chocolate.
Overall, these cookies are super simple to make and most importantly they taste yumm… 🙂
Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Happy Baking !! 🙂
Total : 35 Mins
Baking Time : 25 Mins
This recipe makes 9 cookies.
- Instant Oats – 1 3/4 Cup
- Pear Puree – 1 Cup
- One chopped pear
- Chopped walnuts – 1/4 Cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate – 50 grams
- Cinnamon powder – 1 Tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 Tsp
- Clove Powder – 1 Tsp
- Agave Syrup – 2 Tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, add oats, pear puree, cinnamon . cardamom, clove powder, chopped pear and walnuts. Mix them well.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of mix and place on the baking sheet. Repeat, while spacing them apart from each other. Bake for 20 minutes under 180°C. Allow them to cool.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate. Spread a teaspoon of the melted chocolate on the cooled cookies.