This is one recipe that I came up with one evening when my husband returned home from work. He always likes to have a small snack along with his coffee once he is back from work. So, I quickly whipped up these muffins for him from ingredients available in my fridge.
Bread and milk are two items, commonly used in every household and easily available. The prep doesn’t take long at all. Start by cutting up some bread slices into a bowl and add some veggies to it along with some milk, eggs, ham or salami( I used chicken salami, cut into small pieces ) and garlic powder, pepper and salt. Mix it all well and put them into your greased muffin tray. See?? It’s that simple!
Once baked to a good golden brown colour, they become crispy on the outside but remain soft inside. They are such a perfect little snack and are also great for “On-the-Go” breakfasts. If you are bored of eating the same old sandwiches, try this new twist.
Below is the recipe to my easy bread muffins.
If you like my video, do give it a thumbs up to show your support 🙂
Total : 35 Mins Baking : 20 mins
Yields 8 muffins
- Whole wheat bread slices – 5
- Chopped chicken Salami slices – 5
- Chopped vegetables of your choice – 1 Cup (I used carrots, cauliflower and broccoli)
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Pepper – 1½ Tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Eggs – 2
- Oil – to brush the muffins trays
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Brush the muffins trays with oil.
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces and add them into a bowl. Add eggs, veggies, chopped chicken salami, garlic powder, salt, pepper and milk. Combine them well.
- Add heaped tablespoon of this bread mixture into each mold. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Add sriracha or sweet chili sauce over the top and dig in! 🙂
For more such photos, follow me on my Instagram.
Happy baking !! 🙂