With just a few hours to go for valentine’s day, love is in the air. Chocolates, hearts and red everywhere! Whoever said that chocolate is a perfect way to impress your loved one, surely isn’t wrong. Not very confident at making desserts? But still want to give it a try? Then start with something as simple as this mousse recipe.
One cannot possibly go wrong with this easy dessert which is so light, airy and choco-lious! This recipe is hands down, one of the most easiest dessert recipes you’ll ever find. All you need is chocolate, sugar and cream. This is completely eggless and gelatin free. So, vegetarians out there, REJOICE ! 🙂
This super creamy, luscious yet delicate dessert can be paired with berries of your choice. I used dried cranberries because I absolutely love the tartness of it. The berries cut down the richness of the mousse. If you wish to have the mousse as it is, you very well may do so. 🙂
Make this for your loved ones and I’m sure they’ll enjoy every spoonful of it.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Total : 1 Hour 15 Mins
- Semi/sweet Chocolate bars – 75 grams
- 30% Fat Cream – 150 ml
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Cranberries or any other berry of your choice for garnish
- In a microwave save bowl, add in chocolate and 5 tbsp cream. Microwave for 30 seconds at 10 second intervals to prevent chocolate from burning. Once melted, keep aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, pour chilled cream into a chilled bowl along with sugar and start whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Once the chocolate has completely cooled, add in little whipped cream into the cooled chocolate and gently fold. Now add the chocolate mix into the whipped cream and gently mix. We do not want to lose the volume we created while whipping the cream. The mousse should be light and airy.
- Once well combined, scoop them into glasses or cups(your preference) and dust the tops with some cocoa powder. Chill for 1 hour. Garnish with dried cranberries or any other berry of your choice and enjoy.
Guten Appetite!! 🙂