I am not really a big fan of sea food, but there is one particular sea food that I like. Prawns. There are so many ways of cooking them. Stir frying, adding them to stews or curries, pickling, deep frying, grilling, etc. These delicate crustaceans cook quickly. The only time consuming part is cleaning/deveining (which I dislike the most!). Once that’s done, everything else is pretty much easy.
A very simple way to prepare these beauties are to quickly stir fry them in a hot wok or a pan. This recipe is an Oriental style, spicy appetizer, which is stir fried with some chilli flakes, onions, ginger, garlic and multi-colored bell peppers to add some crunch and also to make it look vibrant.
Happy cooking! 🙂
Total : 25 Mins
Prep : 15 Mins
Cooking : 10 Mins
- Cleaned and deveined prawns – 400 grams
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- One small onion, chopped
- Chopped multi-colored bell peppers – 1 Cup
- Chilli flakes – ½ Tsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 Tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 Tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce – 1 Tsp
- In a wok, on medium to high heat, add oil, chopped onions, ginger, garlic and sauté until they turn light brown.
- Add the chopped multi-colored bell peppers and sauté.
- Add prawns along with soy and hoisin sauce. Cook until the prawns turn opaque and serve!