I love dishes that have a good balance of sweet, sour and spicy. This is one such recipe that brings in all these flavors, along with some crunchy vegetables to create a perfect harmony. You can definitely say bye-bye to those heavy MSG filled Asian take-out dishes and say hello to this lip smacking, stir fry noodle dish that can be whipped in 30 minutes at home.
For this recipe, I used whole wheat spaghetti. You can also use egg noodles or flat rice noodles. But make sure to cook them according to the instructions mentioned behind the package. We absolutely do not want to overcook the noodles and make them soggy.
The star of this dish is the sauce. This tangy, nutty, salty, sweet and spicy sauce is what makes this dish a winner. It is a simple, light dish. Hope you all like the recipe and give it a try.
Happy cooking ! 🙂
Total : 30 Mins Prep : 15 Mins
- Soy sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Tamarind Pulp – 2 Tsp
- Peanut Butter – 2 Heaped Tsp
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Sugar – 2 Tsp
- Water – 30ml
For Stir fry:
- Oil – 1 Tbsp ( Sesame Oil or Ground oil )
- Chopped garlic – 3 large cloves
- Sliced Onion – 1
- Red chilli flakes – 1 Tsp
- Large carrots, cut into thin strips – 2
- Broccoli (Florets and stems) – 250 grams
- Cooked whole wheat spaghetti – ¼ Packet
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 7 – 8 minutes or until al dente (firm to bite).
- Sauce : In a bowl, mix all ingredients mentioned under the ‘For sauce’ list and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, in a wok / large pan, heat oil. Saute garlic and onion, until they turn light brown.
- Add red chilli flakes, carrots and broccoli. Stir fry on high for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the sauce, cooked spaghetti (along with a few teaspoons of pasta water if required) and stir fry for another 2 – 3 minutes. Serve it immediately!