Everybody likes a snack or two between meals. Some like to eat fruits or nuts and others binge on fried stuff. Here is a recipe that I make quite often to avoid unhealthy snacking. It contains fiber rich oats, ripened bananas, cocoa powder, vanilla paste for some flavor along with some dried cranberries.
Bite into these while working at office or when you need a quick energy boost during your travels and also post workout. Oats provide the necessary calories and keep you quite full until your next meal.
Cool them completely and store them for about a week at room temperature in air tight containers or zip lock bags. They can also be refrigerated or frozen.
Next time you want to snack on something healthy, makes these.
Happy cooking 🙂
Total : 20 Mins Prep : 10 Mins
Yields 9 – 10 balls.
- Ripe Bananas – 2
- Oats – 1½ Cups
- Cocoa Powder – ¼ Cup
- Agave Syrup – ¼ Cup
- Dried Cranberries – a handful (Alternative : Use any dried fruits or nuts of your choice)
- Vanilla bean paste – ½ Tsp
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet. Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- In a bowl, mash bananas. Add oats and sieve in cocoa powder to prevent any lumps. Mix well.
- Add agave syrup, vanilla bean paste and a handful of dried cranberries. Mix everything until well combined.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into balls. Place them on the baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!