When you have friends coming over, always be prepared to have some snacks or appetizers ready. You don’t need to make something complex, in order to impress them. A simple recipe, which looks and tastes good, will always be a winner.
Here is a one such snack made with onions, mushrooms, cheese and store bought puff pastry. These pinwheels are great for parties and picnics. I assure you, they will disappear within seconds!!
You can make these rolls in advance and freeze them up to a week or more. Bake them when you wish to have a crunchy, buttery, cheesy snack with your hot cuppa. Serve them with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Here is a video on how to make these.
Happy Baking!! 🙂
Total : 50 Mins Prep : 10 Mins
Cooking : 20 Mins Baking : 20 Mins
Yields 10 pinwheels
- Puff Pastry – 1 Packet
- Oil / Butter – 1 Tsp
- Chestnut mushrooms, chopped – 2 Cups (Alternative : Button mushrooms)
- Onion, sliced – 1
- Oregano – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili flakes – 1/2 Tsp
- Grated cheese – 1/8 Cup
- In a pan, heat oil or butter. Add in sliced onions and saute over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the onions caramelize.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt, red chili flakes and oregano. Saute until all the water has evaporated and mushrooms are soft. Set aside to cool completely.
- Dust work surface with little flour. Place the chilled puff pastry. Spread the cooled, caramelized onion and mushroom mixture over the pastry. Sprinkle some grated cheese.
- Carefully roll the pastry to form a log. Cut into small pieces and place in a prepared baking dish or tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden. Serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.