These muffins are my new favorite! Ultra moist and fluffy, with juicy blueberries in every bite! These are just what you need with your hot cup of coffee or tea.
The batter is ridiculously easy to make. Just put all the ingredients in one bowl, mix and the batter is done! These are made with almond flour instead of all purpose flour. The same type of flour which is used to make macarons. Unlike the regular muffin batter, this batter is slightly runny. Not to worry, they still fluff up beautifully.
Also for this recipe, I used a vanilla sugar packet (16 grams) along with caster sugar (4 Tbsp). If you do not have vanilla sugar, use 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean paste and add 1/3 Cup of sugar. With the addition of yogurt, milk and apple cider vinegar, these muffins turn out really soft and moist. Once baked, cool them completely before digging in.
This recipe makes about 8 muffins in a normal sized muffin tray. They keep well in the fridge for about 3 – 4 days. You could also freeze and refresh them in the oven whenever you want. Have them for breakfast or for your evening snack. I personally love these with a hot cup of coffee.
So go ahead and make a large batch, because I assure you, they won’t last very long. 🙂
Happy Baking !! 🙂
Total time : 40 Mins
Baking time : 30 Mins
Yields 8 muffins
- Eggs – 2
- Yogurt – 1/4 Cup
- Milk – 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla Sugar – 18 grams
- Caster Sugar – 4 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 Tsp
- Almond flour – 100 grams
- Baking Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Blueberries – 125 grams
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin tray with parchment paper muffin liners.
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add yogurt, milk, vanilla sugar and caster sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Add oil, apple cider vinegar and give it a good whisk until the oil is well combined.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour in batter into muffin cups. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let it cool completely.