These mini cookies are so easy to make, they can be whipped up within 30 minutes! They are made with only 6 ingredients and are absolutely delicious. They are soft and chewy and are perfect for portion control.
Autumn has finally arrived after a long, grueling summer and the days are starting to get a tad colder. So, a perfect time to bake some delicious sweet treats to warm the heart and soul. 🙂
These adorable bite sized cookies have no butter in them but just an egg white to help bring the whole mixture together. Separate an egg yolk carefully from the white. Whisk up the egg white with some powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until the sugar is dissolved. Then mix in dry ingredients. Your dough is ready to be shaped into tiny balls. Grease your fingers with some oil so that the dough doesn’t stick to your fingers. Scoop out 1 teaspoon of dough and form into balls. Place on the baking tray. Lightly dip a fork in some oil and gently press the top of the cookie to make a design. You can also sprinkle some desiccated coconut or add slivered almonds on top, or just keep it simple like I did.
Since they are really tiny, they bake pretty quickly. I baked them for 15 minutes. Since, every oven works differently, it’s better to keep an eye after 10 minutes. Once it’s nice and golden on top, it’s time to take them out.
The aroma of sweet vanilla and coconut fills the kitchen. The coconut adds so much flavor and texture to these cookies. It also make them soft and chewy inside with a slight crunch on the outside.
If you like mini desserts, try baking a batch. They are perfect for snacking and even make cute gifts wrapped in tiny packets.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Total : 25 Mins
Prep : 10 Mins
Baking : 15 Mins
Makes 16 – 17 mini cookies
- Egg white – 1
- Powdered Sugar – ¼ Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Tsp
- Almond flour – ½ Cup
- Desiccated Coconut – ¼ Cup
- Fine Semolina – ¼ Cup
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together an egg white, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar dissolves.
- Add almond flour, desiccated coconut and fine semolina. Using a spatula, combine the ingredients. Set the mixture aside for 5 minutes.
- Grease fingers with a little oil. Scoop out a little mixture with your fingers or a teaspoon and form into balls. Place them on the baking tray.
- Dip a fork in some oil and gently press the tops of the cookies to make a design(optional). Bake for 15 minutes. Once baked, set aside to cool completely.