You either love ’em or hate ’em. Brussels sprouts are in season folks!
These leafy vegetables look like mini cabbages and few people can’t stand them! Most of the time, these sprouts end up on the side of the plate.
‘How do I make Brussels Sprouts taste good?’
This is the most commonly asked question when dealing with these greens. Well, there are plenty of ways to cook and make them taste delicious. You can always experiment with various flavor combinations and come up with something amazing!
Here is an Indian way of cooking these underrated sprouts. This is a simple yet delicious recipe, cooked with tomatoes and spices. The spices not only give it some heat, they also add so much flavor. Serve it with either rice or Indian flat breads and you won’t realize that you are eating brussels sprouts!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Total : 25 Mins
Prep : 15 Mins
Cooking : 15 Mins
1 CUP = 250 ml
- Vegetable oil – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ Tsp
- Urad dal – 1 Tsp
- Chopped onion – ½ Cup
- Chopped ginger – 1 Tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 Tsp
- Chopped green chilli – 1
- Chopped tomato – ½ Cup
- Tomato paste – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ Tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ Tsp
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Water – 150 ml
- Brussels sprouts(cut into quarters) – 300 Grams
- Chopped coriander – For garnish
- In a pan, heat oil. Add cumin, mustard seeds and urad dal. Saute until urad dal turns golden brown.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and tomato paste. Cook till tomatoes become soft. Add powdered spices, salt and sugar. Mix well and gently mash.
- Add water, stir well and bring it to a simmer. Add brussels sprouts and stir. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with chapati or rice.
Follow me on :