Nothing is more comforting than a warm bowl of soup during the cold nights. This soup is healthy, vegetarian and also vegan!
Winter is almost here!
It’s already snowing in some parts of the world and it’s the perfect time to snuggle up under a warm blanket with a hot bowl of heart warming soup.
Oats and vegetables might sound boring and tasteless. But trust me, this soup is delicious, even with the simplest of ingredients.
I absolutely love cooking oats this way when I want some thing different from the regular oatmeal porridge with fruits and cinnamon. When I want a quick meal without elaborate cooking, I make this soup. At times I even enjoy it for my breakfast or lunch. It really fills your stomach. It’s great for someone who is looking to eat clean, healthy and trying to loose those extra kilos. It’s best when eaten hot. You can drizzle some hot sauce too for some extra kick.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.
HAPPY COOKING ! 🙂
TOTAL : 20 Mins
PREP : 10 Mins
COOKING : 15 Mins
- Vegetable Oil – 1 Tsp
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 clove
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 Tsp
- Diced carrots – ½ Cup
- Diced multicolored bell peppers – ½ Cup
- Instant Oats – ½ Cup
- Water – 3 Cups
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – ½ Tsp or to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander – 2 Tbsp
- n a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil. Add garlic, ginger and saute for a minute or two.
- Add diced carrots and saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Next add bell peppers and saute for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Then add oats and fry for a couple of minutes. Add water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil while stirring occasionally. Oats become soft and the soup thickens. Add more water at this stage if the soup seems very thick.
- Add chopped coriander, give it a final stir and turn off the flame. Serve it immediately!