Vanilla and chocolate cake swirled together to create a beautiful marble cupcake. These cupcakes are easy, super tasty and egg-less!!
Christmas baking has begun in my house.
It was a dull day outside because of the rains. But with the beautiful aromas of vanilla and chocolate flooding the house post baking, it was a wonderful sweet evening inside my home.
These sweet little marble cupcakes are made with Greek yogurt and are totally egg free. I love making them because they are so easy and can be whipped up quickly in a stand mixer.
They are extremely moist and super fluffy. The Greek yogurt adds a lovely cheesy flavor and makes these cupcakes soft and moist.
I kept my cupcakes really simple by dusting the tops with some powdered sugar. You can definitely pipe some frosting to give it dimension and make it look more beautiful for any special occasion.
The cupcakes as it is (without frosting) store well when refrigerated in air tight containers for 3 – 4 days. Add some powdered sugar or frosting, just before serving. But I bet ya, these will be polished off in no time. They are a total crowd pleaser and great for tea time snacks.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Happy Baking!! 🙂
Total : 40 Mins
Prep : 15 Mins
Baking : 25 Mins
- Greek Yogurt – 300 Grams
- Vanilla sugar – 8 Grams
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 Cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/3 Cup
- Plain flour – 1½ Cup
- Baking Powder – 1½ Tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ Tsp
- Cocoa Powder – ¼ Cup
- Milk – ¼ Cup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line muffin tray with paper muffin liners.
- In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and soda. Mix well and set aside for later use.
- In a stand mixer, add Greek yogurt, vanilla sugar, powdered sugar and oil. Mix until soft and creamy.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time in the wet mixture. Scrap down the edges to ensure the mixture is completely combined. Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer half the batter into a new bowl. Whisk in cocoa powder and milk. Now, we have to batters. Vanilla and chocolate.
- Alternately spoon in chocolate and vanilla batter into the prepared muffin cases.
- Take a tooth pick and swirl the batters. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.